Friday, March 07, 2008

Cheeky Monkey



Now I have to have this little gem in the post today for my nephew, found out he's favourite place to visit is Monkey World bless him he's only 31!!!! Back to the card I thought I'll have a go at the Papertake weekly challenge which was to use squares, I used a square punch with scraps of daisy bucket papers then I handstitched a frame which is the challenge for the little extra on DCM to handstitch on your card. Knotted thread in the corners to tie in with the stitching and my brand new whipper snapper monkey and 3d him using silcone glue. The words are from Hero Art clear stamps set which has loads of birthday words. So now I have to put in an insert and make sure I write inside to let him know its from me.

22 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fab card Debby, the monkey is so cute and I love all those squares

CraftyC said...

A really cute card, cheeky Monkey!!!(LOL)
Clairexx

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is brilliant. Love the squares in the background.

Kelly said...

I love the colors and the stiching. Great card!

Frances said...

LOL ! might be fun if he thought he'd had anonymous mail, I enjoyed it :p

I love this, so cute and you are just too good with all the decoupage layers!

Julie said...

what a fab card, I love it!

Jilli said...

An absolutely fantastic card, I love the cheeky monkey and shall be looking to buy that for my own cheeky monkey, but he's only 8 months lol!

Ana Baird said...

It's adorable and great!

Linda M said...

This is a great card! I esp. like the border you created!

Risa said...

This card is awesome and I love the 3D effect!
malieta:)

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card! I love the design and the papers you've used! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

tracie said...

I love this card, its sooo cute and love the squares :-)x

Smriti said...

The 3-D effect looks fab!

Gina said...

LOVE your card, gorgeous monkey. I have this paper and didn't know what to do with it so thanks for the inspiration!...and great stitching!! :O)

Kazzy said...

What a great background idea! ove this card, great colours.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous card ,realy love it ,great work Dawnxx

flatis stempelwelt said...

A really cute card,Love the squares in the background.

Nikki said...

Now THAT is a fantastic card....love it!!!

Richelle said...

I love this card! Monkeys are one of my favs!

Richelle

Camilla said...

Love your monkey!! So cute:) And what a background. A really nice card!

Annie said...

what a fabulous card and an inspired idea to use up the little pieces of paper - I'm just using some of that design today!

Unknown said...

Oh Debby this is just gorgeous, I so need that monkey lol, I keep looking at it, and you might have pushed me over the edge, lol

Will wait until next month as I have blown my budget out of the sky this month!!!! oops lol

Hugs

Alex xx