Sunday, May 25, 2008

70th Pool Shark

So today is a bank holiday and the weather is doing what is usually does, it's raining hard. I've been struggling to make a card for a friend of ours whose 70 and its a fella. I decided to use the pool shark as the zero and made the chipboard 7 using cricut and mickey font and that was it couldn't think what else to do, then Saturday workout wanted you to use a resist technique so I made the bubbles using a hero arts stamps with random circles, versamark and clear embossing powder then using sponges I used distress pads to colour and make the bubbles stand out. Then on Friday Sketchers they had a sketch from Carol and suddenly the card was finished, I couldn't quite work to closed to the sketch had to turn bits a different way to work but without the sketch I probably would still be staring at it. Oh the papers are doodlebug.
Look what I got, cool award from Tracey, thanks.
If anyone fancy a trip to Hobbycraft in Woking I can firmly recommend it or at least till they sell out of stuff. The few times I've been able to get to Hobbycraft it was alway half empty but I suppose cos they've only just opened it was full. The card and scrapbooking making is upstairs but there is a lift at the back of the store. I find lots of scrapbooking stuff I hadn't seen before from American craft, K&co and Making Memories. Some of the prices are quite dear especially for gadgets circut and cuttlebug, yet some were quite resonable. But it was noisy there was quite load music by the tills of all places.




25 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is unbelievable.
Stunning card. Love them.

Thanks for joining Saturday´s Workout again.

Dawny P said...

Love this Debby!! What a fantastic card for a little lad xxxx

Dawny P said...

Ooops missed a bit of the last post so it doesn't make sense. Meant to say fantastic card for a (not so little) lad. I blame me hormones lol xx. Still a fab card though xxxx

Benga said...

super cool card! that shark is rocking!

Anonymous said...

Sensational card Debby absolutely amazing! Love the bright colours too! We've not had any rain...yet...here in the North West! Thanks for trying my sketch at FS. Enjoy the rest of today!

Carole :D

AlexaCzar said...

tihs card is honey !!! love it

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Great card, great colors and great shark! Beautiful work!

Murielle said...

That's absolutely gorgeous!!!!
I love it!
Bizz!

Anonymous said...

This looks cool!!!

Beth said...

This is such a fab card! I love the bright colours and the resist technique looks great!

Unknown said...

That is one amazing card! Love the bright colors, and the shark is just too cool!!

Jutta said...

This creation is very beautiful and the colours are fantastic!!!

Suzanne said...

This is sooo funky I just love it. Sue :o)

Sarah said...

What a fab card!! I love it! As I've said before, that shark reminds me of Bruce in Finding Nemo!!
xx :0)

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

Brilliant card.Lovely and colourful.

Marja Sch said...

What a gorgeous card so colorful and cute. Hugs Marja

Gwen said...

this is just stunning!!! love it!

Deb Neerman said...

Wowza, this is one great looking card!! I love it!

TFS; and thanks for visiting my blog too .. you rock!

Stacey said...

Brilliant! Love the colours, everything just 'pops' off the page ~x~

Bev said...

Love this card - it's amazing!

craftyb said...

Hey Debby....this is FABULOUS! Although it might have taken a while to get it all going...it's definitely worth it! Look how many challenges you fitted in too...and the shark/ring for the zero is very clever! Great colours for a guy too! bx

cats whiskers said...

Wow Debbie this is fantastic, I love your colouring just great
Hugs jacqui x

Enfys said...

What a fun card, perfect for a child, bright and cheery.

Anonymous said...

wonderful card, the colours are great

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your publish. My partner and i have always noticed that most people are wanting to lose weight because they wish to show up slim and attractive. However, they do not always realize that there are other benefits for losing weight also. Doctors assert that overweight people suffer from a variety of diseases that can be perfectely attributed to their excess weight. The good news is that people who're overweight and suffering from various diseases can help to eliminate the severity of their illnesses by losing weight. It is possible to see a gradual but identifiable improvement in health whenever even a slight amount of weight loss is achieved.