Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Sugar Nellie


This card was an experiment I do love how cardmakers bring a bit of colour round their images. So before I layered I blended some blue round my base image and then layered. I used the same inkpad to stamp the Paper Smooches sentiment. I think it worked out not too bad just have to remember not to be heavy handed.

The image is Sugar Nellie Digi not sure if he is still available but he is very easy to colour with a touch of grey in places where you expect a shadow.

I've no idea again where I am probably having a lie in. We've been away to Falmouth for New Year.

19 comments:

Kath said...

A fabulous card, such a cute image.
Kath x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card and adorable image x

Ayaa said...

Adorable card!

Jackie T said...

Hi Debby this is a gorgeous card that image is just so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Fikreta said...

so sweet card!
hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Kazabing said...

Happy New year Debbie. Love this, he is adorable. Xx

Andreja said...

aaaaaaaadorable card :-))
Happy New Year, Debby

Sarah said...

How I wish my experiments turned out like this Debby!! A fantastic card xx

Lorraine said...

He looks fabulous Debby, so cute.
Happy New Year.
Lorraine x

Lynne in NI said...

Aww I love this Debby, your blue shading looks fab to me! Hope you enjoyed your lie in :)

Pat said...

This is a really cute image Debby and I love the blue blended around it and the background card and the sentiment in that pretty blue too. x

Pat said...

Sorry I forgot to say I hope you have had or are still having a lovely time in Falmouth, what a great place to go, and with that in mind Happy New Year. x

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous and cute card. Happy New Year Debby. Hugs, Carol S.xx

JoD said...

I just love your style. I can spot one of your cards immediately! Teach me, please. ��

Cheryl W. said...

I really love this effect! It highlights the image so beautifully. Need to give this a try in the future.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful colouring and layering.
Faith
x

Katherine K :) said...

Supa Dupa cute card!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hope you had a lovely time. Fab cute cas card

scrappymo! said...

This is an adorable image. Coloured beautifully as always!